Monday, March 12, 2007

My brief take on earlier and later DST

It's a nice idea to try to save power. I think it would have been fine except that we have a bunch of electronics that does this change for you, but around the first week of April. Everything I've read says to manually change the time on things that didn't do it automatically for you last Sunday, but nobody wants to talk about how things will be screwed up in the first week of April and in the fall when some of your electronics will set you forward and back again if you leave DST turned on on those devices. My problems are with my digital watch and my vcr and old WinME PC. I was thinking to turn off DST on all of those items, although the old WinME PC is on so infrequently it probably won't matter as long as I remember not to rely on the time.

No comments: