Tuesday, May 01, 2007

BP's Lord Browne (updated)

It just seems to impute more shame on gay folks when someone powerful wants to hide their homosexuality. He's of a different age, and perhaps lives in old Victorian England in his mind, where revealing such things are unthinkable. I suppose he thinks he's won by preventing his private life from been posted for all to see. I can see myself valuing my privacy as well. But less may have been made of this whole thing if he'd just let things be published and made no comment. I suppose it depends though on what 'bad' aspects might be revealed. Still, I would be happy to hide under a rock for a couple years if I could hold on for 2-3 months as a lame duck CEO for $7.7 million bonus. Then again, if I'd already attained hundreds of millions, what good was that tainted and piddling bonus, if I felt like a little money grubbing shit taking it.

I just read that the Canadian was a student -- so likely very young. The student was apparently quite a money grubber. It seems Browne might have taught him a lesson, no?

-- Updated 5/7

As reported by Towleroad, Lord Browne's rent boy was a young, reasonably good looking kid. At least he might have been worth all the trouble.

No comments: